What to Learn
Yep, that's a lot of learning going on next Saturday and Sunday at the old Homestead. Here's the line-up, and I'm told there's still room - but register now to make sure. (Call 410/798.5000.) There's a nominal charge - 5 bucks - for each.
- Saturday, 1/23 at 10 a.m., Gene's Tips on Gardening Tools. Homestead Education Coordinator Gene Sumi shows us his picks for the top garden tools to maintain a great garden.
- Saturday 1/23 at noon, Composting. Dr. Frank Gouin (U.Md.), a revered expert in composting, takes us through the simple process of transforming our kitchen scraps and yard waste into "black gold".
- Saturday, 1/23 at 2 p.m., Planting for Wildlife. Master Gardener Lisa Winters shows us how to bring nature home by selecting the right plants for our backyard.
- Sunday, 1/24 at noon, Cool Weather Vegetables. Annuals Manager Kerry Kelley introduces us to great cool-weather crops, including fresh greens, snap peas, and cauliflower.
- Sunday, 1/24 at 2 p.m., Cold Weather Containers. We learn how to plant a stunning container for pizzazz in even the bleakest winter landscape.
There are lots more workshops throughout the month of February, and here's the full list.